Chevron is an energy company focusing on oil, gas, and geothermal energy. They own the brands Chevron, Texaco, Town Pantry, Techron, and several others. It was founded in 1984 and is based in San Ramon, California. The CEO is John S. Watson.
According to Source Watch, they are a member of ALEC.
They are a corporate sponsor of the Human Rights Campaign and scored 100 on their Corporate Equality Index.
According to the Center for Responsive Politics, Chevron has donated $12,094,048 since 1989 with 75% going to Republicans and 23% going to Democrats. They have also spent $93,529,825 on political lobbying.
They donated $200,000 to the 2008 Republican National Convention.
CEO John Watson has made the following donations:
- $85,800 to National Republican Senatorial Committee
- $20,000 to McCain Victory 2008
- $10,000 to Representative Kevin McCarthy (R-CA)
- $10,000 to Nevada State Democratic Party
- $5,000 to National Republican Congressional Committee
- $2,500 to Senator John Barrasso (R-WY)
- $2,500 to Mitt Romney
- $2,500 to Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT)
- $2,400 to Carly Fiorina (R-CA)
- $2,400 to Senator Bob Bennett (R-UT)
- $2,400 to Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA)
- $2,400 to Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
- $2,400 to Senator John Vitter (R-LA)
- $2,300 to McCain Palin
- $2,000 to Bush Cheney