ConocoPhillips is an energy corporation that sells gas as Conoco, Phillips 66, and Union 76. They are the second-largest refiner in the US. They were founded in 2002 and are based in Houston, Texas. The CEO is James Mulva.
According to Source Watch, they are a member of ALEC.
The Human Rights Campaign gave them a score of 55 on their Corporate Equality Index.
They donated $375,000 to the 2008 Democratic National Convention.
According to the Center for Responsive Politics, ConocoPhillips has donated $2,848,200 with 84% ($2,402,400) going to Republicans and 16% ($445,800) going to Democrats. They have also spent $84,705,717 on political lobbying.
The Salt Lake Tribune reported that Utah is suing ConocoPhillips to recover $8.4 million spent cleaning underground tank leaks.
CEO James Mulva has made the following donations:
- $15,000 to National Republican Senatorial Committee
- $10,000 to Republican National Committee
- $7,500 to Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT)
- $3,600 to Senator Ted Stevens (R-AK)
- $3,200 to Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX)
- $2,500 to Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
- $2,400 to Senator Ben Nelson (D-NE)
- $2,300 to McCain Victory 2008
- $2,300 to Senator John Cornyn (R-TX)
- $2,300 to Senator Pete Domenici (R-NM)