ExxonMobil is an oil and gas company and is the largest company in the world by revenue. They own the brands Exxon, Mobil, Esso, and Superior Oil. They were founded in 1999 and are based in Irving, Texas. The CEO is Rex Tillerson.
According to Source Watch, they are a member of ALEC.
The Human Rights Campaign gave them a score of -25 on their Corporate Equality Index. This was due to ExxonMobil rescinding the domestic partner benefits offered to same-sex couples of Mobil employees when Exxon and Mobil merged. ExxonMobil also rescinded formal prohibitions against discrimination based on sexual orientation by removing it from the company's Equal Employment Opportunity policy.
According to the Center for Responsive Politics, ExxonMobil has donated $12,912,309 since 1989 with 86% going to Republicans and 13% going to Democrats. They have also spent $184,812,742 on lobbying.
CEO Rex Tillerson has made the following donations:
- $89,300 to National Republican Senatorial Committee
- $37,250 to National Republican Congressional Committee
- $15,120 to Republican National Committee
- $5,500 to Republican Party of Texas
- $5,000 to Representative Joe Barton (R-TX)
- $4,800 to Carly Fiornia for Governor (R-CA)
- $4,000 to Bush Cheney
- $2,500 to Mitt Romney for President (R)
- $2,500 to Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
- $2,500 to Senator John Barrasso (R-WY)
- $2,400 to Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO)
- $2,300 to Senator John Cornyn (R-TX)
- $2,100 to Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX)
- $1,500 to Representative Michael Burgess (R-TX)
- $1,500 to Senator Pete Domenici (R-NM)
- $1,000 to Representative Bill Shuster (R-PA)
- $1,000 to Representative Mary Bono Mack (R-CA)
- $1,000 to Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK)
- $1,000 to Representative Ralph Hall (R-TX)
- $1,000 to David Dewhurst for Senate (R-TX)
- $1,000 to Representative Lee Terry (R-NE)
- $500 to Representative Paul Ryan (R-WI)